I have been thinking about what I would really, really, and really want to do if money is not the issue and I came across these questions and would like to share them with you, which may hit one of us and will finally be able to find our OWN PURPOSES in life.
I don’t know with you guys, but I am really coming to a point that all I want to do and to work for is something that is really personal for me. If it is not, hindi na lang kasi sayang naman ang oras. (never mind, I won’t waste my time)
Aking, (Rachel, our eldest) not sure if you have experienced this and same with you Edel (Yedelilah, my sister who comeas after me).
But, Honey (our youngest) as you will finish your college degree – know these things Ading (an endearment word in Ilocano, which means ”younger one”) - and even if I know how smart you are and you will get whatever you want, you’ll come to a point in your life, that what really matters most is your passion, your love and your happiness in whatever you will do – it is not really money that will make you happy, but the fulfillment and the satisfaction of the things that you’ll do. I am sure mabibili mo lahat ng gusto mo (you’ll buy all the things that you want) in the future!
I can not seem to find Sammy (my only brother) on my FB, but please forward this email to him, too!
So, anyway – read on – and answer these questions for your selves. I copied and pasted these questions from Tina Su of ThinkSimpleNow. (here is the link to these questions: http://thinksimplenow.com/happiness/life-on-purpose-15-questions-to-discover-your-personal-mission/)
1. What makes you smile? (Activities, people, events, hobbies, projects, etc.)
2. What are your favorite things to do in the past? What about now?
3. What activities make you lose track of time?
4. What makes you feel great about yourself?
5. Who inspires you most? (Anyone you know or do not know. Family, friends, authors, artists, leaders, etc.) Which qualities inspire you, in each person?
6. What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, gifts etc.)
7. What do people typically ask you for help in?
8. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
9. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
10. You are now 90 years old, sitting on a rocking chair outside your porch; you can feel the spring breeze gently brushing against your face. You are blissful and happy, and are pleased with the wonderful life you’ve been blessed with. Looking back at your life and all that you’ve achieved and acquired, all the relationships you’ve developed; what matters to you most? List them out.
11. What are your deepest values?
12. What were some challenges, difficulties and hardships you’ve overcome or are in the process of overcoming? How did you do it?
13. What causes do you strongly believe in? Connect with?
14. If you could get a message across to a large group of people. Who would those people be? What would your message be?
15. Given your talents, passions and values. How could you use these resources to serve, to help, to contribute? ( to people, beings, causes, organization, environment, planet, etc.)
- A. M. S.