Inspirational Quotes on Parenting
Photo from Penelope Oasis
“There is no such thing as a perfect parent so just be a real one”. – Sue Atkins
“We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.” – Stacia Taucher
“ Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
“Your children need your presence more than your presents.” – Jesse Jackson
“Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible — the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.” – Virginia Satir
“The guys who fear becoming fathers don’t understand that fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man. The end product of child raising is not the child but the parent.” – Frank Pittman
“Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood – finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without.” ― Jodi Picoult, Perfect Match
“Stop trying to perfect your child, but keep trying to perfect your relationship with him.”- Dr. Henker
“Encourage and support your kids because “Children are apt to live up to what you believe of them.” – Lady Bird Johnson
“When you give a little of yourself to a child, you give a little of yourself to their future! “– Kevin Heath
“The best gift, and investment, you can give your child is your time .” – Kevin Heath
When You Thought I Wasn’t Looking – Unknown
- When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you hang up my first painting on the refrigerator, and I wanted to paint another one.
- When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.
- When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and I knew that little things are special things.
- When you thought I wasn’t looking, I heard you say a prayer, and I believed there is a God I could always talk to.
- When you thought I wasn’t looking, I felt you kiss me goodnight, and I felt loved.
- When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
- When you thought I wasn’t looking, I LOOKED… and wanted to say thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn’t looking.