Quiet?

So, the question is: Do you keep to yourself? Or spill the beans?

About the Author: Ronald Colunga is a regular contributor for AMSDaily.net. He writes his thoughts on his website at  Lifessteppingstone.com! , which he is about to relaunch (make sure to subscribe to his newsletter as well). He is also the designer of AMSDaily’s logo.

Comments

1. Ria Rombaoa says:

“I believe in order to follow your dreams, you must keep this dream to yourself. When you tell others about your dreams, you are giving them an opportunity to shut your dream down.”

This is something that I have learnt recently, Some people will support your egearness to achieve your dreams and some will only give you words that you don’t want to hear…..

• Ria,

Exactly. In my opinion, it’s always better to keep things like that to yourself. It assures me psychologically that no one could stop me but myself. It drives me, so to speak!

-Ronald
      Http://Lifessteppingstone.com

2. JayThe Baker says:

It is always a good idea to keep your goals/dreams to yourself so others don’t try to derail you. Jay

3. Jacqui says:

Spill and spill some more! I love sharing, it opens up all possibilities as long as I have no fear of another’s opinions or ‘fears’. Once when I was dreaming of starting a casting company and I was sharing with a friend he said, “You must afraid you have never done anything like this before.” I looked him in the eye and without even thinking the first thing out of my mouth was. “Well if I have never done this before how would I know what to be afraid of?” “I would have to make it all up because I don’t know what it is. That would mean my fears are just illusions” He looked at me and smiled and said, “You are right I never thought about it that way before.”
    So now here ten years later I have been chosen to write a novel based on a woman’s private journal and since I have never written before I have been sharing the story over and over and over again. I have learned so much from the questioning minds that find the story fascinating. Somehow everything is becoming “story.” Everyone I tell now shares in part with building my dream. So share on share on, do not be afraid to be afraid, this is only a body sensation, remember you will always be okay! No matter what. :-D
    jacqui

• Jacqui,

Love how you called fears illusions. I could not agree more. Also, love the way you answered your friends question. Now that, was the right answer!

-Ronald
      Http://Lifessteppingstone.com

4. ALEXANDRA says:

my husband believes that we should not share our dreams/plans/proyects with anyone because he says it jinxes it (jajajaaa), as for myself, I share all my crazy plans/dreams/ideas with my sister-friend, she has a way of helping me see how possible or impossible it might be in a very delicate way, she never hurts my feelings or makes me feel I’m crazy, though most of the time she cheers me on!

• Alexandra,

Haha can’t blame him! If you have someone to share your dreams with, I believe you should if they steer you in the right path.

-Ronald
      Http://Lifessteppingstone.com

5. Anthony says:

Keep it to yourself, some might say it is impossible and u will start to believe them and then u wont follow trough on it.

6. Ying says:

It depends really on who you are sharing with. There are always optimistic and supporting people that help us see the bright side of things. When we have such people around us, it’s better to share, because they give us even more strength and eagerness to give our best!

7. Stuartart says:

I agree that it’s not wise to publicly proclaim your dreams for all to consider. This will draw the naysayers and energy vampires out of the woodwork. Your dreams and goals makes them feel inadequate and lazy. However, sharing your dream with those that love you and support you and have a positive mindset is a good thing because they make you accountable. Their knowledge of your dream makes you continue striving for it. :)

• Stuart,

Always nice to see you around! I could not agree more with what you said. Sharing it with the right people might be the key to get you to the next level in “Dream Following” well said!

-Ronald
      Http://Lifessteppingstone.com

8. If your dream is based in the social setting, then share so that others may join you in fulfilling your dream, like building a colony on the Moon, for instance. If your dream is personal — run a marathon, write a book of family history – then sharing is optional, depending on the friends, family and associates with whom you share your personal life.

In other words, there is no right answer.

9. Harold Millet says:

I agree w/ Stu! Everything has its own limitation! We should keep our dreams but sharing it to others that may help us to achieve those is an x factor.