Secrets of the Millionaire Mind

You can choose to think in ways that will support you in your happiness and success instead of ways that don’t. – by T. Harv Eker

By  Alpha Miguel-Sanford

A few months ago my former classmate Israel D. Basilio told me in an email that there are only two books that he has really read from the beginning to end, and that I must read them as well.  One of the books he highly recommended is the book written by T. Harv Eker’s Secrets of the Millionaire Mind. According to him it was really a life-changing book and “perhaps you may share it with your readers”.

Intrigued as I usually am, I put a hold through the online public library system on T. Harv Eker’s book and in a few days I was able to read it all! A few months have passed and I wanted to reread it, so instead of hopping back to the library I decided to go to the local bookstore and get myself a copy of it! Surprisingly, on the very first page is the signature of T. Harv Eker (live signature and not stamped version!), which made me want to do the next step, which is to share with you the wealth files of this book!

As the title implies, these wealth files are the secrets why millionaires are who they are, millionaires – and I would like to share them with you:

Wealth File #1: Rich people believe, “I create my life.” Poor people believe “Life happens to me.”

Wealth File #2: Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.

Wealth File #3: Rich people are committed to being rich. People want to be rich.

Wealth File #4: Rich people think big. Poor people think small.

Wealth File #5: Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.

Wealth File #6: Rich people admire other rich and succesful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people.

Wealth File #7: Rich people associate with positive, successful people. Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.

Wealth File #8: Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value. Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.

Wealth File #9: Rich people are bigger than their problem. Poor people are smaller than their problems.

Wealth File #10: Rich people are excellent receivers. Poor people are poor receivers.

Wealth File #11: Rich people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.

Wealth File #12: Rich people think “both.” Poor people think “either/or.”

Wealth File #13: Rich people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.

Wealth File #14: Rich people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money well.

Wealth File #15: Rich people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.

Wealth File #16: Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.

Wealth File #17: Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.

To read each of these files and understand them fully, you may want to consider grabbing a copy of the book either in your library or through the bookstore. Also, it is important to completely follow T. Harv Eker’s definition of the rich and the poor people when reading these words.

As you finish this post, I would like to share with you how T. Harv Eker ends his wealth file page and he writes his wealth declaration (and I would like to do as well):

“Touch your head and say….I have a millionaire mind!”

And YOU do!

Comments

1. Erica says:

Love! LOVE! I just ordered that book too. Keep these kind of posts coming! They inspire and motivate me.

~Erica

2. R.G. Riles says:

So much of this is so true. Great post. I myself am most the way through a series of video blog reviews of the concepts behind the Trump/Kiyosaki book, The Midas Touch. Very similar themes! Many of these are also discusssed in Rich Dad Poor Dad (another must read in this genre) and I’ll be providing a review of “Guerilla Marketing” as well. I love reviews of books in this genre. And yes, we all have millionaire minds (everyone reading and posting responses and interacting has the will/want/desire and ability to succeed!).

• AMSDaily says:

RG Riles, feel free to let me know if you have blog reviews of similar books as I love reading and also sharing about them. I think people, like me who loves to read such topics are so immersed by it – that naturally, I feel the want to share them to other people to learn from.

3. Stuartart says:

It’s not one I’ve read, but I’m familiar with his philosophy and agree wholeheartedly. Thanks for these reminders about who I want to be. :)

4. --Rick says:

Thanks for the post. Excellent book and fantastic advice for those with the courage to persist, persevere, and ultimately to prosper on the other side of the obstacle course called life.

5. Johanne says:

I haven’t read this book but I am familiar with this philosophy. The comparisons between rich and poor above only widens the gap between rich and poor. Stereotyping people is a nasty thing and I think you have to be careful when making judgments about a group of people. It’s not much different than racial prejudice. There are a lot of other factors to consider when dealing with why someone is rich and someone is poor. Even though there is nothing wrong with having money or wanting money it should not be one’s only goal – there are other things in life that are far more important than money. I know a lot of very rich people who are very unhappy!

• AMSDaily says:

Hi Joanne – thank you for your comment. In his book, he really defines the group “rich” and “poor” not necessarily by the amount of money these two groups of people have, but of their mindset.

6. Rasha says:

What an excellent post, thank you for sharing!

• AMSDaily says:

You are welcome Rasha! I suggest you read his book – borrow it from your local library as he goes really deep into his thoughts on these wealth files. I am planning to ahead his intensive workshop this June. I’ll be writing about it once I experience the workshop!

7. Harold Millet says:

very timely. we are actually involve right now with the same campaign to help Filipinos. thumbs up ate alpha!

8. Don Ruhl says:

I think the “Occupy” people should read this.

• AMSDaily says:

Hi Don – it would not hurt, I guess!
      By the way, I did get your email. The pictures show on the email subscriptions as automatic. I believe it is a wordpress.org thing:-)

• Don Ruhl says:

Oh, so your site is a WordPress.org thing. I guess I need to explore that option more. Thanks. Don

• AMSDaily says:

Hi Don…it is! It used to be on WordPress.com, then I had to teach myself how to expand my options, thus I learned the ins and outs of the WordPress.org, which at first I was fearful of what might happen to my site but in the end, it turned out to be better. There was one thing that I learned though, my former subscribers were not all carried over. In fact, only over half of them were.

9. Liana says:

Thank you! This came at a time when I was thinking about starting my own cosmetics line and I feel like it was fate. It has inspired me to change my way of thinking and be more successful! :D

10. Nikki says:

Awesome! Love these.. I’ll have to add this to my collection as well. It is similar to one of my favorite books called The Mindset (by Carol Dweck). She discusses the difference between the Growth mindset and the Fixed mindset (ie, Rich vs Poor mindsets). It’s also a great book!