Footprints in the Sand

One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Scenes from his life flashed across the sky
and he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life had flashed before him,
he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his life
there was only one set of footprints.

Dismayed, he asked, “Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you’d walk with me all the way.
I don’t understand why, when I needed you most,
you would leave me.”

The Lord replied, “My precious child.
I love you and I would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering
when you saw only one set of footprints…

That was when I carried you.”

Comments

1. Currie Rose says:

I love this one. When I chose to sleep in my car for a bit, I had a friend who sent me care packages full of cookies, letters and little prayers. This was one of them. I’ll never forget the day I recieved it… I started to cry happy tears and felt a strong surge of gratitude fill my body. It was AMAZING!

2. Reblogged this on Glenford's Daily Word, Food, & The Vine and commented:
    No matter how many times you read this throughout life it is always inspirational. Glad I have lost some weight this month cause the Lord might have been carrying me to a Weight Watchers meeting.

3. johnars says:

This needs to be a daily reminder for me, and I am sure others. It is so powerful. We know this. We accept it. But all too often, we forget it. Thank you for sharing.

4. Cee Neuner says:

I have always loved “footprints in the sand”. Thanks for sharing!

5. As always, very inspiring. I need to hang this up on my wall!

I nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. You can read more about it here: http://zenandtheartofborderlinemaintenance.com/2012/03/21/nomination-elation/

6. SweetP says:

Love this one! Thanks for posting and reminding us all!

7. I have always loved this since i was a little girl. Thank you.

8. Brilliant…thankyou

9. Hi.
    I have nominated you for a Tell Me about Yourself Award because I really like your blog.
    To accept this award, you will need to check out my latest blog and follow the rules: http://fibromodem.wordpress.com.

Congratulations and keep up the writing.

10. gracefully50 says:

One of my favorite…

11. Jodi Ambrose says:

This poem has always been a guiding force in my life. Knowing that during our darkest moments, God is there to love and support us has gotten me through many a dark time. Thank you for sharing it. It’s a lovely reminder…

12. mswestfall says:

Reblogged on My Unplanned Life. (www.shakinguplife.wordpress.com). Thank you for this wonderful reminder that no matter what life has in store for us we are often taken care of even though we may not always know it. Very inspiring message as always.

13. mswestfall says:

Reblogged this on My Unplanned Life… and commented:
    A wonderful reminder for each of us that no matter what life has in store we are often taken care of even though we may not always know it. Enjoy!

14. tksoni says:

Reblogged this on Life is………….. and commented:
    Awesome !!!
    Milestone !!!
    Reblogged.

15. Savira says:

Beautiful….

16. One of my favorites

17. This story nevers ceases to be spectacular. I love that you posted it. Thank you. :)

18. catnipoflife says:

I am very familiar with this particular writing and every time I read it I become inspired! Thank you for sharing it on a day when it is most needed:)

19. ‘Footprints in the Sand’ has been one of my favorite stories..It’s a life-changing story..

20. Always inspirational! Often we get caught up in a stream of thought that convinces us we’re alone, when it’s quite the opposite. Good to have this as a loving reminder.

21. meiro says:

Speechless….
    Thank you so much for remind me.
    Awesome!!!