Losing Kyle

He is not a family member nor a relative.

But losing him makes me grieve.

Kyle was my student.

Early this morning, I heard from the radio about his death. He was only 16. He was young, vibrant and would have been the first in his family to complete his high school education. He had lots of potential. He is kind, brave, smart and loving. His teachers love him. He is an individual who would-have-been, who could-have-been and who should-have-been.

I feel for his soul, his family and his shattered future – no, gone future.

I know he is gone, but his memories and his love will always remain in the hearts of the people whom he had touched.

I just wish he will fulfill his dreams, as he goes to heaven.

Kyle, you will be missed!

Comments

1. I lost a student too! it is not something you are prepared for as a teacher (can’t even imagine as a parent!) how to make sense of it all in front of the rest of the class, how to act? hold back the tears, be brave or just be one with the rest of them? I decided to not hold back, we hugged, we explained and understood without saying a word: silence became the teacher…

2. So sad.

3. Barb F says:

I grieve for you and your loss. Know that loss is shared by all who live. May that be a support to you at this time.

4. bipolarmuse says:

:( I keep you and this young boys family and friends in my heart. So tragic.

5. Always so sad to hear of a young life cut short. Lets hope the love that surrounds him finds an outlet that recalls his memory

6. Very touching. Courage for the days ahead.

7. RIP Kyle..

8. Touching! Loosing a dear one is really not an easy experience. Wishing you and everyone affected the fortitude to bear the loss. Be strong!

9. I am sad for you and Kyle’s family and friends.

10. reneeboomer says:

So sad. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of this young man. hugs to you.

11. tjbye says:

I’m so sorry. It’s always hard. I’ll be praying for you and all those who knew Kyle.

12. My condolences on your loss and to his family. RIP Kyle.

13. eof737 says:

RIP Kyle… My condolences to his family, friends and to you…

14. living4bliss says:

Our students become like family to us. We are part of their growth and help them fulfill their dreams.

I lost a student once, too. My heart goes out to you.