Life’s Manifesto by Holstee

By  Alpha Miguel-Sanford

Life is short – and that is fact. It is not questionable or an issue worth debating. We all know that. We recognize that our lives is all that we have. Yes, we do own a few material things like our houses, our cars, our careers, some investments – but the reality is we only have one thing in our hands and that is our life!

This is why we continue to search for the ultimate question: what do we need to do in order to live our life to the fullest? How do we do it? Are we doing it right? Are we living happily or just merely surviving? Are we pursuing our dreams and passions? Do we have greater insights into what lies ahead?

Well, I do not know the answer.

But Holstee has it!

Holstee is a company whose products are not just ecologically manufactured and ethically produced, but also a company that has a life manifesto for its business plan. It was a company that started small in funding, but great in ideas. It is a fairly new company, given its establishment only three years ago. But, even as young as they are – this company fueled by passionate people (Mike, Fabian and Dave) created a company that breathes passion and life into the world everyday.  They share an inspiring message that no matter what kind of business you own or whatever you do for a living, there should be LIFE associated with it. It should not just be work because you need it – but because you know that life is so short and that you have live it!

Here is the video:

And if you want to watch only the words or the message from Holstee, here it is:

Enjoy your life, for it is too short!

Comments

1. LOVE THIS!!!

2. Jody says:

Think thins one’s on my blog tomorrow. Thanks friend.

3. karenvinter says:

That’s a great message, love it.

4. onecoolsoul says:

Very good post with a great message indeed!

5. Mark Sugden says:

Inspiring words.

6. I was late to come by this wisdom. After working 30 years at a job I didn’t like, I published a humorous book and started a “punny” Mon.-Fri. photoblog based on my own photos. Because of the comments left on my blog and comments I leave on other photographers’ blogs, I am on a first-name basis with a community of bloggers all over the world. After 14 months my blog has passed the 5,000 hit mark.

I’m having so much fun with my blog that my old self would have said it ought to be illegal, but life IS too short to postpone fun. I loved Holstee’s manifesto and video. Too many of us have spent too long too deep in drudgery.

If you’ve wanted to do something, JUST DO IT!

–John

7. jangstman says:

AMS – thanks for visiting my blog and liking my post. You know, there was a time not long ago that I would have been a cynic about all this positivity stuff. Yes, an 18 year old cynic. Maybe that’s because the ‘cool’ thing to be in society right now is cynical. But as I watched time go by and I gained a rush of life experiences, I now realize that this positivity thing is where it’s at. We must be realists, but we must also hope for the best. Your first line sums it up – Life is short. Too short to passively let it wash over you.

• AMSDaily says:

James, whether old or young being cynical is sometimes a good thing, it makes us question and think deeper into our thoughts. By doing so, we may be able to come up with answers to our own questions and become wiser. Thank you very much for leaving a message. I also wrote another post on positivity a week ago, check it out: Be positive – no matter what!

8. Alancoml says:

Great. Thanks for sharing.

9. Hello. I love your blog and wanted you to know that I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can find the details at the following link:

10. I too love the manifesto, but I have a caveat lurking in the background – and it’s duty. All this self-realisation and self discovery is great – really – but sometimes there are other factors – obligations to other people. I don’t mean tyrannous bosses or pointless drudgery – but children, other relatives, sick, old, unhappy – the sort of people who could be a drag on one’s bright happy future. If the bright happy future is more important to one than everything else.
    So managing to live by the manifesto in the real world of relationships and duty is admirable – but the manifesto might need an extra clause or two to acknowledge it.

11. AMSDaily says:

Thank you for sharing this on your blog. Spread inspiration!

12. AMSDaily says:

Jeff, thank you for reblogging this post! I am honored!

1. [...] thinking about (of all things) bucket lists and regrets. I began to think about them after reading this post on AMS Daily and watching this [...]