The above photo is the cover of the book by the same title as this post – only that I had cropped it.
A few weeks ago on our way to Scarborough, Maine we stopped by a local bookstore and I saw this book. I wanted to buy it so badly but just before I was two steps away from the cashier I put it down and took a picture of it. Luckily, when I got home I checked online and they have a few pages for me to browse what is really inside this book. I found it to be pretty inspiring and I had this certain feeling of I-wish-I-had-bought it afterwards.
I am not really going to talk about this particular book which is a collection of thirty achievers who were thirty or will be turning 30 when the book was published in 2008 – although, I will be when I decide to purchase or maybe borrow from the local library and then read it – because it seems to be interesting…But also, because I wanted to make sure I give some credits to the author of the book. (Thank you very much!)
Today, I will be sharing to you the 30 things I’d like to do during my 30th birth year!
As my birthweek draws closer, I look at different sites and educate myself about how people celebrate their 30th (I just realized I had to use the spelling check on Word document to spell the word: thirtieth). I found out that a lot of people share the same sentiments as I do in turning 30. They, as I do – believe it is a big deal. They, as I do – think that being thirty is like conquering the world of many mazes.
It is three decades of living, sustaining and loving life as a baby, a toddler, a preschooler, a gradeschooler, a high schooler, teenager, young adult, then finally – an adult! Or so – I think I will be – when I turn thirty.
Thirty marks the adventure of my life – and so it seems.
Saying the word itself is like coming out of the closet and revealing another phase, another face, another person. I know there are a lot more ways for me to try to make my three decades even more promising and inspiring!
Thus, I am sharing with you this wonderful list of things I would like to do during my 30th year (and the year after). For me, this is a big deal – a big year for me to fulfill some of the things I would like to do that I haven’t done.
Here I go!!
1. Walk the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
2. Be inside the Great Pyramid
3. Visit all 50 states
4. Take a picture of the Eiffel Tower
5. Go to India and pray
6. Eat sushi in Japan
7. Visit my grandmother in the Philippines
8. Go sky diving
9. Visit Ireland
10. Stay at the Ocean Hotel in Rhode Island
11. Go scuba diving
12. Try a drive-in theatre
13. Visit the Great Wall of China
14. Ride a gondola in Venice
15. Read the book Eloise at the Park Plaza Hotel in New York City
16. Go to Thailand
17. Experience some days on a cruise ship
18. Bake my own bread
19. Vacation at Martha’s Vineyard
20. Try on a two-piece bikini for a day at the beach
21. Eat Greek food at an authentic Greek restaurant
22. Visit at least one country in all 7 continents
23. Listen to the waves of the Pacific ocean
24. Write a poem in Stratford-upon-Avon
25. Tour the Stonehenge
26. Visit the 7 wonders of the Philippines
27. Read the above-mentioned book
28. See the Blue Man Group
29. Watch the Les Miserables play
30. Shop in Hong Kong
How about you? Have you done any of these yet? If you have, copy and paste the thirty things and highlight some of the things you have done so far. I want to know if some people out there have completed at least half of my list.
Happy Friday everyone!