Day 98: Two in One: About Me and The Blogger’s Award
Photo: Michaela Cruz-Ungos (Teacher Mica)
I would love to thank three amazing bloggers who nominated me to the Blogger’s Award: CJs In sight, Brittany and Abichica! You guys rock! I know this is such a delayed link but truth be told, I didn’t know how the linky love works ar first (until I read it from CJs In sight‘s the other day), but here it is, better late than never.
Below are just the rules that go with this blogger award nomination:
- Thank the person who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
- Pass this award to at least 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
- List seven things about yourself.
I have done the first one, so please make sure that you read the rest of this fun post! I really had to sit down and write seven things about myself.
TO our readers here is a quick homework for you: Write seven things about yourself as well, and see how long will it take you to think through and write them out! (A little trivia: I finished everything for almost a day! The thinking process was indeed a long one, but it was fun and worth it!)
15 BLOGS that I am recently following (which I think you should take a look at):
- Brittany – One Lovely Blog – http://britahysworld.wordpress.com
- CJs In sight – http://cjsinsight.wordpress.com
- Abichica – http://chicpress.wordpress.com
- SimplyFeliza – http://simplyfeliza.com/
- Fragrant Lives – http://buenalaoang.wordpress.com/
- IlocanoYork – http://ilocanoyork.com
- ShareinHisLove – http://sharinhislove.wordpress.com
- Ahdhess Arya – http://avdhessharya.com/
- Gracefully50 – http://gracefully50.com/
- Bennis Inc – http://bennisinc.wordpress.com/
- Maze a Day – http://mazeaday.wordpress.com/
- Seekers Portal – http://seekersportal.wordpress.com/
- Dusty High ways – http://dustyhighways.wordpress.com/
- Radical Bliss – http://radicalbliss.wordpress.com/
- MomFashionWorld – http://momfashionworld.com
SEVEN THINGS ABOUT MYSELF: (and I know there should be more)
1. Favorite food on the planet – There are actually two kinds of food that I love growing up: 1. tirem (oyster) bathed in calamansi juice with chopped onions and lots of pepper and salt; 2. Buro (fermented fish). One of the family traditions that we used to do was to go to my grandfather’s house on Sunday for worship. When he retired from the Air Force, he decided to devote his time preaching and spreading the word of God. So, as our grandfather he would have Sunday masses in his house and after that my Nanay Aning (my maternal grandmother) would prepare food for the family and for everybody who attended the mass.
In most cases (especially when I requested them), my Nanay Aning would cook these food that I love! She makes the best pork adobo, pinakbet, nilaga, buro and tirem!
2. I am a Capricorn – and so is my older sister, Rachel and my favorite Auntie, Auntie Ada (although all my Aunts are great and beautiful as well). If you believe in the Eastern philosophy and the characteristics of a Capricornian, you know what I mean.
3. I am allergic to TV – I can spend hours on the computer surfing and reading all sorts of stuffs. But TV? Heck, no. I can only sit in front of the TV for a short while.
4. I love the mountains and the seas – I used to be a Girl Scout and had trekked some mountains big and small growing up. But having been married to a beachcomber, he introduced me to the beauty of the sea – the smell of the sea salt, the feel of the sea breeze and everything with water! My first memories of the sea would be attributed to my ever-pasyadora grandmother (Nanay Aning) who would bring me and my sisters yearly to San Fabian Beach in Pangasinan, Philippines for the “Pista ng Dagat” (Feast of the Seas). We would wake up very early in the morning to join some aficionados (like my grandmother’s neighbors) in the rented bus to go to the beach – and she’d do this with us annually.
5. I am proud to be a Filipino! – and proud of my height, my skin color and the constant inflections of my speech. I just do not like the bureaucracy of the Philippine government and the way the justice system works.
6. I truly admire and love my late grandfather – We used to call him “Daddy”, Mr. Floreno De Luna. I can probably write a week’s worth of post about him (which I should probably do). But one thing that I could tell you about him and why he continues to inspire me on my decisions and the way I live my life is because he was true to his mission in life – and he did it in the most faithful and righteous way possible. I’ll tell you, he has a great place in the hearts of everyone in my family. That’s how special to us!
7. I am my daughter’s student – I learn a lot from her everyday! She teaches me lessons that only she could do it. She is our star and our love!
Daily with you,
If you enjoyed reading this post and was inspired by it, the best way to continue the cycle of inspiration and motivation it is to let other people know about this blogsite. Please subscribe for free updates. You can also follow us on facebook!